Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ye Olde Weapon Shop

I've started spending a lot of time on the intro and first level of my game. In doing so I've had to spend a lot of time learning how to use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 (I've never used anything other than the default paint program before). At first I got so frustrated I felt like I should just draw everything by hand, scan it in and then edit my scanned images, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of things now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out. The Weapon Shop looks exactly how I was picturing it in my head and I was able to create it in the same graphic style I want to use for the whole game.

I'll try and post some other graphic samples as I get them completed and then hopefully I can get back to the coding. I only plan on doing the graphics needed for the first level and for the game introduction (and both are rather small in scale) so soon I will be able to focus once again on 2D game development with Managed DirectX.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home